Thursday, September 14, 2006

COUNTDOWN CONTINUES

A picture of Erick and his friend Kurt.

Katie and Martin Got a Letter

September 4, 2006

Dear Katie and Martin,
Greetings from the middle east. I hope that the both of you are doing well and enjoying life in the city.
As for me, I'm just working on getting through these next 3 or 4 weeks until I'm finally out of this place. It's pretty tough, you're anxious to get the hell out of here but can't stop working until we're done.
Other than that not too much else is really new. They say that it is supposed to cool down this month but all that really means is it goes down from unbearable to uncomfortable, awesome. We've been keeping pretty busy lately doing this, that and the other thing. There's a lot of people coming into the city from Baghdad and Ramadi. You know some of them are bad because the enemy has been changing their strategies and doing things we haven't seen before. Ah, what are you going to do though?
All right, I gotta saddle up and head out soon so I must be on my way. Just wanted to say hello and see how everything was going. Take care and this guy will see you soon

Love,
Erick

Oh yeah, one of my buddies here lives with Mickey from Biscotti in Brookfield. Weird.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home