Friday, September 22, 2006

THREE MORE DAYS

I believe Erick is scheduled to leave Fallujah in THREE DAYS!!!
Krissy has been following the blog of a soldier on FoxNews.com. He is with the Army and is also leaving Iraq soon. She emailed me an excerpt of his blog describing what it feels like to be coming home. I copied and pasted below.
I know we are all SOOOOO excited for Erick to get home, I can't even imagine how he is feeling. I guess this excerpt gives us some possible insight.
We are now into single-digit days, awaiting our exit from theater. With our departure date being so close, the feeling actually transcends into a physical reaction. The best way to describe it is to compare it to waiting to wake up to 10 Christmas mornings, 80 nights of Hannukah, or any other present-giving holiday factored by 10.
Thanks for sharing Kris!
I believe a celebration is being planned in honor of our favorite Lance Corporpal. I have heard the words, "tent", "kegs" and "DJ" thrown around...
Details to be posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home