Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Erick's Senior Drill Instructor Says...

I have been reading a message board on a pretty daily basis to get an idea of what Erick is doing every day and how his platoon is doing. A few of the drill instructors participate in the message boards and update the board about their platoon. Platoon 1083 is one of the lucky ones with a Senior Drill Instructor who participates on the boards, answers parents' questions and posts occasional updates. I am cutting and pasting his latest one.


"1083 Family & Friends,
I am shooting on the range this week for my annual qualification, so I am not with the PLT a lot, but everyday I do speak with the PLT'S PMI (Primary Marksmanship Instructor) and he tells me that the recruits are asking all the right questions and they seem to be quick learners. Most of the recruits are intimidated by next week, when we start firing, but they are excited and eager to face the challange. Tonight my Drill Instructors and I worked the PLT in their sitting position and for the most part all the positions liked pretty decent. Perfect practice will make perfect. Last Friday we had the TD-28 PFT, lets just say nobody failed, but the SDI is not happy with the PLT'S scores, I know they could have been better, we also had the 50 question test which we took 3rd place in, not happy about that either. During the practice testing that my Drill Instructors did every recruit scored 100's. I guess the pressure got to them. Do not worry to much about your future Marine, they are in good hands.
Semper Fi
SDI 1083"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home