Monday, August 29, 2005

I GOT A LETTER!!!

I got my first letter from Erick this Friday, Aug. 26th!! It was dated August 17th. and is below.


Dear Tom and Kelly, Hope that you are doing well and enjoying the new furniture. Boot camp is still pretty tough but a big part that helps me through it are the letters I have been getting and thank you for. Sometimes I forget that there's another world off this sh*tty island so i enjoy reading every word the letters contain. We've been pretty busy here, always on the move and doing something. We did a confidence course which was a lot of I guess you could call it fun or a decent time as an activity down here. As the days go by they expect more and more out of us both physically and mentally so it gets tough. Everything always has to be neat. No wrinkles in the racks, perfectly laced boots, perfect gear, always clean, it is crazy how like OCD these bastards are. For the past week we've been getting ready for the rifle range which we're humping out to this Saturday. It's only 6 miles, but with everything except our racks and foot lockers it's gonna be a looong 6 miles. I'm not too nervous about the range b/c next week we have the entire week dedicated to learning them from inside out. Muscle relaxation, breathing, maintenance, damn everything you can think of. I gotta get going, but I miss you and Kelly enjoy hearing from you. Getting a letter is the best feeling down here. About a month and a half of this crap and I'm done. Hope to hear from you soon. Love, Erick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home